Wednesday, April 15, 2009

A Very Long Week

About every night this week we went over to the house and worked on it. My dad spent the week finishing the sheetrock. He also spent a lot of time prepping the laundry room and bathroom for sheetrock. It was a nightmare, he said. Wires and pipes were everywhere they shouldn't be. So he had to move a lot of stuff so we can now sheetrock.

Here is our makeshift play room so I can get some work done. It has been the best thing I've done. Finally Brayden has something to do while we are there.

All Brooklyn needs is a box.
We did our first coat of paint in the living room. Doesn't it look so much better?
Here are some random pictures of the finished sheetrock and mud.
This is the second best thing I've done. I went to Walmart and bought Brayden a tool set. He is in heaven. He loves to follow my dad around and "help" him. He loves the tool belt because it is just like grandpa's. The set has about 20 more tools in it, but I will try and give him one new tool each time we go to the house. Hopefully that will keep him excited, eventhough I don't think I'll have trouble keeping him interested in the tools. He doesn't stop playing with them.

1 comment:

  1. Darling tool set. What a great idea! I get tired just looking at these posts! Remodeling must be so exhausting. It will look so good though!

    ReplyDelete