Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Our Yard

I absolutely love how big our yard is. However, it is not grass...it's weeds. Since we've been focusing so much on the inside of the house, we haven't paid attention to the outside. Sandy City finally sent us a notice that if we didn't have our weeks cut to lower than 6 inches, they would do it for us and charge us. So we were back on KSL looking for a lawn mower. I found an awesome one quite close to here, so we quickly ran and bought it. The day before our deadline I started mowing away. I wish these pictures did our yard justice, because the weeds were literally 3-5 feet tall. It took me all day to slowly mow them down, but I did it. I didn't start taking pictures until I was half way done, so hopefully you can get an idea of what it looked like when I started.
The night before I mowed the yard Josh and Steve spent a few hours using sickles to cut down about 1/4 of the yard. I still ended up mowing over it anyway, but here are the piles they made.
I got this far by the end of the afternoon. The kids were not having fun back there with me so I finally had to stop. When Josh got home I sent him inside with the kids so I could finish. A neighbor came over early the next morning with a trimmer and went around the edges. Let's just say we'll never let it get that bad again.

No comments:

Post a Comment